Serves: makes approx 8 patties.
- 2 x 85g pouches of Lemon Pepper Tuna Pouch
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Approx. 100g Vegan Bread crumbs (some brands of “Panko” are vegan)
- Approx. 4 Tbsp Cornflour
- Olive Oil (or any other oil of choice)
- 2 Tsp of Vegan curry powder of your choice (used in this recipe was “Keens Traditional Curry Powder”)
- Peel and boil the potatoes in salted water
- Drain and then mash the potato
- Meanwhile, fry the chopped onion on a frying pan on medium heat till lightly softened
- Add your choice of curry powder into the onion mix. Fry for 2-3 mins and add a few Tbsp of water to fry the curry powder.
- Add 2 pouches of Loma Linda Lemon Pepper Vegan Tuna into the onion mix. Stir for 2-3 mins and add 1 tsp of salt.
- Then in a large bowl, add the mashed potatoes and tuna mix. Mix together.
- Fill half a small bowl with bread crumbs. In another small bowl, mix cornflour and add water until it forms a light mixture.
- Form approx. 8 balls (for the patties) using the tuna mix. Dip each patty into the cornflour mixture and then into the breadcrumbs. Place patties aside on a plate or tray, and place in fridge for 10 mins.
- At this stage, the patties can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to
- two days and cooked when required.
- Heat frying pan with a thin layer of olive oil on medium heat, and fry patties on both sides until golden.
- Serve with salad, rice and enjoy with Green Vie Sour Cream