- 1 block firm tofu, mushed
- 2 tbsp. scallion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- About 25-30 homemade or store-bought wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
*Tom Yum Soup*
- 2 1/2 cups vegetables stock
- 1 small fresh galangal, sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, bottom white part & cut into strips.
- 3 tbsp. Tom Yum Soup Paste
- 1-2 small red chili sliced (optional)
- 100g mushrooms (Hon-shimeji/Enoki/Oyster/eryngii or button mushrooms)
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh lime juice, adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
To serve2 servings of cooked @chefschoicefoods rice stick noodles and a handful of coriander
To make the wontonsPut all the filling ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. Spoon 1-2 tsp of filling mixture onto the wonton wrapper and fold according to your preference, making sure you seal all along the edges and get any air out. Heat up cooking oil in a wok or frying pan and deep fry the wontons until golden brown and crispy.
Tom yum soup
Put vegetable stock, lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves, chili in a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, until fragrant.
Add Tom Yum paste and mushrooms, simmer for a few more minutes until the mushrooms are cooked. Turn off the heat and add in the sugar, lime juice, and salt + pepper to taste.