About this recipe:
A rich and creamy vegan fettuccini carbonara.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Skill required : Easy
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube (dissolved in 5 tablespoons hot water)
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp curly leaf parsley chopped
- 8 medium chestnut mushrooms sliced into thin wedges
- ½ - 1 pack CF Pantry Cheese Sauce Mix
- ½ pack Vegusto Lyon-style Sandwich Slices cut into squares
- 250ml soya single cream (e.g. Alpro)
- 1 tbsp vegetable margarine
- 250g Tagliatelle pasta
- Salt and black pepper
- Vegusto No-Moo Piquant cheese (grated)
- Dried oregano
- In a medium pot boil water (enough to cover pasta) and then add the Tagliatelle pasta.
- In a large frying pan/wok heat up the margarine, add red onions and the Lyon-style square veggie slices.
- Fry together to soften the onions.
- Add the mushrooms wedges and the stock cube mix, and fry for about 1 minute over medium heat, adding a little salt to taste.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and add into the frying pan.
- Pour in the Vegusto sauce and soya cream and mix well together allowing just enough time to become warm.
- Add the parsley and serve immediately. Caution: overcooking will cause the cream sauce to lose its consistency.
- Add ground black pepper and sprinkle some grated Vegusto No-Moo Piquant for that extra taste of cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley and oregano flakes.